Welcome to my blog.

Thank you for following my journey. My name is Marjorie and I am morbidly obese. I have battled with my weight my whole life. I have had ups and downs yet I refuse to give up. Join me on my journey to claiming my body back. Is going to be a long road.


Monday, January 24, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey



"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection."
Picture taken on December 2010.  I had lost 70 pounds in this picture.
 
I started this blog to help those that walk in my shoes. To give hope
and encouragement to those that have felt that they need their wings back to fly again. And to those that just need to know that is never to late to change your lifestyle for the better. If I can do it so can you.
For as long as I can remember I've struggled with my weight. I started to gain weight when I was very young. This is where my  weight  gain journey started. I had low self-esteem and it was because of my body.   I remember when I was about 10 years old my grandmother coming to our house and telling my mother that I had to go on a diet because I was just way to fat. She used to say
" Look at your arms they are just so big for your age!". I remember my mother put me on a diet of one orange and one egg per meal. I remember being so hungry and I was made fun of because sometimes I would eat 2 eggs and 2 oranges... and I was told. " You will never loose the weight if you keep eating 2 eggs and 2 oranges.
Throughout high school I continued to gain weight and peaked at 170 pounds (pretty big for being 5’3”). And from there I kept gaining the weight. In 1988 I joined Weight Watchers and I lost 30 pounds, but I did not do it because I wanted to.  I did it because I wanted to feel accepted by my dad. I remember it was shortly before his birthday and I asked my mother what he would like for his birthday and she say to me. “ If you want to give your dad the best birthday gift, loose some weight.” So I decided to join Weight Watchers to make him happy. So in reality I did not do this for me I did it to gained acceptance and love. I have always known that I am Heavenly Father's daughter and that I am beautiful in his eyes and that I am special...but I have never felt beautiful so I have let my self go. What I mean is that I have continued to gain weight to the point that I was not able to carry my body any more.I know I am God's girl! And he wants the best for me... with that being said back in August I had felt that I was at the end of my journey. I could not longer carry my big body... my poor feet could not longer carry all the extra fat that I have been carrying for so long. So I felt that I was dying slowly. My biggest fear was to have my husband find me dead! Yet this fear that I had for so long, did not give me the courage to start a healthy lifestyle or do anything about my weight. I did not know how to begin or where to begin,a healthy lifestyle, all I knew was that I just could not continue living the way I was. The fat had taken over my life!
On August 31 2010 I decided to changed my life!.. And I have not look back since that day. I want to let the world know that " I Marjorie is in charge now"!! and nothing, is going to stop me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog looks really great, Marjorie! I like what you have said too. I too think it is important for us to be doing this for ourselves (our health) and not to please anyone else. I feel like that is going to make the difference in keeping the weight off for good and continuing to live healthy lifestyles. Thanks for sharing! Much love! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Marjorie what an accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. Losing weight is no easy task but you are doing it one day at a time. Like you said you have to do it for you. You are a beautiful woman and I wish you the best in your weight loss journey. You ROCK! Take care.
Sheila Leahy

Christine said...

I really loved reading this. Our stories are not so different.

Christine