Welcome to my blog.

Thank you for following my journey. My name is Marjorie and I am morbidly obese. I have battled with my weight my whole life. I have had ups and downs yet I refuse to give up. Join me on my journey to claiming my body back. Is going to be a long road.


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Celebrating my Birthday and Shaping the New Me!

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I’ll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease.

Celebrating my Birthday the healthy way!
 I am  learning about how important a healthy lifestyle is it is crucial to make sure that I do not throw this knowledge away because  I am celebrating my Birthday which in my eyes, is a very special occasion. In fact, a special occasion seems to warrant treating one’s self better not worse. And, in reality when one eats poorly, one is not treating one’s self well. This year I decided to celebrate my Birthday as healthy as I could. I had asked my mother in law to bake me a healthy, yummy cake. I wanted to be able to enjoy a piece of cake with out worrying about how many calories I was eating. I searched  high and low for the perfect recipe. And guess what?..I found it.
This year my Birthday was very different from past years. I had a healthy salad, lemon water and a healthy piece of cake!.. and a positive attitude towards my body.  I felt very proud of myself to be able to continue being focus even when it was my Birthday. I have made up my mind that I am not able to take holidays from this healthy lifestyle!
I found my Birthday cake so yummy that I would like to share this recipe with everyone. So here it is. Get yourself a pen and paper so you can write down and make it for your Birthday!. Enjoy:)
Angel Lush

 You will need:
  • 1 pkg.(4 serving size) Jello-O Vanilla Fat Free Instand Pudding.
  • 1 can (398 ml) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained.
  • 1 cup thawed Cool Whip 95% Fat Free Whipped Topping
  • 1 store-bought angel food cake (284g)
  • 10 big fresh strawberries.
Make it:
Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple in  medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping
Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate; top with one third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers two times.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving.
 Preparation time: 15 minutes. Total time: 1 hr 15 min. Makes: 10 Servings.
 After eating a piece of this cake you will not feel guilty!

Calories:130  Total Fat:1.5g  Fibre:1g  Protein: 2g
"Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! That cake looks and sounds delicious! I too made a big step by celebrating my birthday responsibly this year. In the past, whether I was following WW or not, I would always eat anything and everything I wanted on holidays and special occasions. This is the first time in my life where I am making healthy choices and celebrating with food responsibly. I think we are both making huge strides!