Welcome to my blog.

Thank you for following my journey. My name is Marjorie and I am morbidly obese. I have battled with my weight my whole life. I have had ups and downs yet I refuse to give up. Join me on my journey to claiming my body back. Is going to be a long road.


Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Chocolate= The Sinful Treat!"

Remember the days when you let your child have some chocolate if he finished his cereal? Now, chocolate is one of the cereals.”
    
Chocolate is one thing that very few people can actually resist and those who do it too, know very well how hard it is to keep away from temptation. Did you know that 99 of women love chocolate, as it makes them feel loved and special?. It tastes great as it melts in your mouth.
Just walk away!
 I used to look so forward to Easter sales, when chocolate is sold for less than half of its price. And when ever I felt unhappy I would reach for my chocolate that usually  felt like it was calling my name!.  Now I have changed my way of thinking., I think of chocolate as a "LUXURY TREAT"... I have always said that who ever invented chocolate is a genius! You might think the same way I do, but with that being said  it's important to remember not to overindulge in chocolate. It does contain high amounts of saturated fats and sugars that can cause obesity .,and will not help us move forward in losing the extra weight we are carrying. You might be wondering if I eat chocolate?!. I have now in my freezer chocolate that was given to me a year an half ago!!!. My sister was in Europe, and brought me a chocolate bunny from the Liddell's  chocolate factory, and my parents brought me a bar of chocolate all the way from my beautiful city in Vina Del Mar, Chile. I look chocolate with a different perspective now, and I ask my self this question. Is this piece of chocolate going to help nature my body or destroy it?.. You can answer that question and if is nature, then you should  have one little square and if the answer is destroy my body then you just walk away!

 I have now lost 182 pounds!!!

I still love Easter, for the simple reason that makes children and adults a little happier,. specially when they eat their chocolates! You are probably wondering if I will have any chocolate this weekend?. Yes... I will have 2 little Hershey kisses and then walk away!.The greatest feeling that I have in me this Easter, is  knowing I am in control of my body!!!. I will leave you with a piece of inspiration:
" The most important weight loss muscle is your brain. Change your mind you will change your body"

"LET'S BEAT THIS OBESITY!!"






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure you are to your husband and children.

Best wishes and heartfelt congrats on your hard won progress. It gets harder but it also gets better.