Welcome to my blog.

Thank you for following my journey. My name is Marjorie and I am morbidly obese. I have battled with my weight my whole life. I have had ups and downs yet I refuse to give up. Join me on my journey to claiming my body back. Is going to be a long road.


Wednesday, June 17, 2015

THE POWER OF A LIPSTICK

"On a bad day, there is always lipstick"

Since I was a little girl I have love to wear lipstick. And because I was the first daughter, my dad would always buy  me lipsticks so he can watch me put it on and have a good laugh.  I can only imagine how I looked.
As I got older my love for lipstick grew. I went for liking pink colors to dark reds.  Don’t ask me why I like darker shade of reds, but I guess I see it as a source of strength. You put it on and suddenly you feel more capable than you did without it.
HERE ARE MY LIPS WITH A SHADE OF RED LIPSTICK.

 When I started gaining weight I stopped wearing lipstick simply because I did not wanted to get more attention than what  I  was already getting.
Back in 2011 I started to lose weight and I  went back  wearing dark shade color lipsticks because I felt more confident about myself. However I  was told by few people that I should not wear dark colors only light pinks, because I did not look good. So since I like to make others happy I got rid of my dark colors and started to wear different shades of  light pinks.
 One particular day, I looked in the mirror and I thought to myself “I miss wearing my dark lipstick” I realized at that moment, that my dark lipstick made me feel confidence and that is why I liked it!

I have decided to go back wearing dark color shade lipsticks again! The way I look at life now is, as long as I am happy that is all that matters! And for the first time in my life I am putting myself first.

A good lipstick says to the universe:
·        I care
·       I embrace being a woman
·       I have style
·       I welcome beauty into my life
 kat Van D desing. My Wolvesmouth lipstick.

Few weeks ago I visited Sephora and found a beautiful lipstick that was design by Kat Van D and I fell in love with it! I just had to have it. The name of the lipstick is Wolvesmouth a metallic berry.
I think every girl needs a  lipstick to  make her feel  attractive. I love my dark new lipstick and when i wear it I feel beautiful!.
Just like Wonder Woman needed her cuffs, Captain Planet needed his magic ring and Superman needed his cape and external underwear, because without all of those items they were a little bit powerless.
Well, that’s how I feel about my dark lipstick. Because you cannot deny the power of dark lipstick!
My Beautiful new lipstick!


It does not matter if we are 150 pounds or 300 pounds we all need to feel beautiful! and find the strength in something to make us all continue to move forward in our weight loss journey!

No comments: